Monday, August 14, 2006

Why Do We Do the Things We Do?

I don't really know why people do the things they do. To be honest I don't really understand myself sometimes about why I choose to do this or that. I could come up with many reasons that will explain why I choose to do the things I do. However it can be divided into 2 big issues. One of those is the sub-concious, the second is the common sense.

One example I could think of that will explain sub-concious is the action we did everyday in our life which is "walking". When we walk, we don't usually know or realize that we are walking. Infact our brain is thinking about something else. The brain doesn't told you to walk, but you walk because you have been given order to walk by your sub-concious and you act according to that order because walking has become a basic thing you did everyday in your life. So my own definition of sub-concious is the action you take that doesn't require complex analysis from the brain to carry out that specific order.

Another issue that might explain why I do the things I do is becase of my common sense. I won't put my hand into hot boiling water because I know that the hot boiling water will burn my hand and cause tremendrous pain. I think we all shared some similar common senses such as the case of the boiling water I mentioned. However each person common senses might differ depending on our experiences because I think that common senses are shaped by our past experiences. Although common senses might not be the same in every person, but I think that it is a factor that explain why we do the things we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home