Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Reasons I Decide to Take IB Psychology HL

There are many reasons I decided to took IB Psycology HL. The first and the most simple reason is that the course itself seem interesting and I heard that many students have enjoyed this course. The second reason is that I need another HL subject to fufill my diploma program. However these reasons are just a fragment of a main idea that finally pursuaded me to take this course. Because the course just started therefore I do not have enough knowledge to define "Psychology" in a sophisticated way, but what I know that it is a study of human's mind and everything that make someone the way they are. So by taking this course I will have a better understanding of the human mind and how it works. With a deeper understading of human's mind, I will be able to communicate more logically with other people. Being able to communicate with the others and understand what they are thinking is the most important skill we used in our daily life ,and will still be the most important skill throughout our life both in the present and future. As the quote by a Chinese philosophers thousands of years ago "If you know the others just like you know yourself. You fight 100 times you will still win 100 times." This is the reason why I decied to choose this course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I agree that IB Psych HL is an exciting course. I think it's not really possible to understand what others are thinking, unless one is psychic. Understanding one's feeling or trying to figure one's feeling by tone of voice sounds more possible.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Pox
You have listed many good reasons for studying psychology. You will gain insights into what people might be thinking and more importantly you will be able to understand yourslef more. Hope you enjoy the course.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home